20 Steps to Planting and Growing a Church
Whether a new church or an existing congregation, there are proven ways to grow any ministry. Pastors often make plans for their church while forgetting to take care of the little things.
A Few Tips to Help Your Church Grow
- Make changes slowly.
- Set realistic goals.
- Chart growth in measurable ways.
- Announce office hours and keep them.
- Promote a preaching series on pertinent subjects.
- Never preach about problems.
- Keep your building and meeting places in good condition.
- Start services and classes on time.
- Bring in diverse guest ministries.
- Never fire a volunteer, promote them.
- Create job descriptions for all positions.
- Develop a training program for teachers.
- Develop self-supportive leadership.
- Appoint and train elders and deacons.
- Use local media to promote the church.
- Develop contacts outside the church.
- Make connections with community leaders.
- Develop a visitation program.
- Reach out to the children, elderly and poor in your community.
- If someone wants to leave the church, let them go.
If you apply these basic principles your church will grow. It may take time, but persistence and determination will result in a stronger ministry that reaches the community in a powerful way.